Ark Sports Day Challenge
Sports Day may be cancelled...but that's not going to stop us!
Ark John Archer is taking part in the Ark Sports Day Challenge - to get the schools across the Ark network to collectively cycle, run and walk the distance around the world. It is 40,000km!
Our Year 2 pupils are currently learning about Kenya - this is the perfect opportunity for us all to join them on this journey by travelling the distance of some of the country's most prominent land features. How you travel is up to you!
We are calling upon you - our community of students, teachers, families and friends - to do an activity that will add to our kilometre count and helps us reach our target. We have only 2-weeks to complete our challenge, from 1st July to 15th July.Ark John Archer has set a target of 780miles [1255km], to travel the distance of the following land features:
- Tana River [500miles / 800km]
- Aberdare Mountain Range [100miles / 160km]
- Lake Turkana [180miles / 290km]
At Ark John Archer we want to do something fun and healthy, while raising money to enrich the AJA Curriculum, ensuring our pupils continue to be excited about learning.
All funds raised will go towards the following:
- Curriculum resources to enrich the Curriculum offer and contextualise learning.
- Quality texts and home readers to continue to grow our love of reading and independence for learning.
- Health and well-being training, resources and provision.
Let's inspire each other with what we can achieve together – doing something fun, healthy and positive along our way. Be part of a sports day with a difference!
Friends of John ArcherFriends of John Archer is a small charity set up to enrich the education of the pupils of Ark John Archer Primary Academy. Our fundraisng supports the school community in a variety of ways:
- Funding up-to-date, technical and curriculum specific resources.
- Funding up-to-date, inspiring and curriculum rich reading books.
- Funding educational visits, learning excursions and enrichment opportunities.
- Hosting events in collaboration with the school for the local community and supporting families.
Ways to show your support: